So, do you think you answered the FDCPA questions from the last blog correctly? Read below to see if you were correct.
- True or False? Failure to dispute the debt within the thirty (30) day validation period is proof of the consumer’s liability.
- False. According to the FCDPA, the consumer is able to dispute the debt at any time. Failure to respond within the thirty day validation period allows the collection agency to assume the debt is valid and pursue collection activity as normal.
- Under which of the following is representing yourself as “affiliated with the United States or any State, including government law enforcement agencies” allowed?
- When your collection agency offices are located in a capital city.
- When it seems appropriate or convenient to get the consumer’s attention.
- If the consumer asks whether you are “from the government”.
- None of the above.
- Section 807(9) of the FDCPA prohibits “the use or distribution of any written communication which simulates or is falsely represented to be a document authorized, issued, or approved by any court, official, or agency of the United States or any State, or which creates a false impression as to its source, authorization, or approval.”
Please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website and check out our blogs to find out more information about the Fair Debit Collection Practices Act.